- Liga Sport
- Marbo Sport
- TRD FITNESS
- Trigger Point
- Fox 40
- Life Sport
- Live Pro
- MD Buddy
- Power System
Ταξινόμηση: Τιμή - Αύξουσα
Train harder, recover quickly, and improve performance! Today’s top athletes rely on sport massage to stay healthy, at the top of their game, and a step ahead of the competition. With Massage for Sport Performance, you can too.
In this special book and DVD package, renowned sport massage therapist Michael McGillicuddy demonstrates the same techniques he has used to train and prepare the world’s elite track and field athletes for Olympic competition. Massage for Sport Performance will show you how to
- perform both self-massage and partner-assisted massage;
- administer the most effective routines for pre- and postcompetition;
- stretch, warm up, and activate primary muscles;
- treat critical muscle groups for elevated performance;
- speed recovery; and
- minimize injury, pain, and fatigue.
Throughout you’ll also find advice, tips, and variations for specific sports as well as massage recommendations for basketball, running, track and field, soccer, and swimming.
With step-by-step instruction, photo sequences, and video demonstrations of the primary techniques, Massage for Sport Performance is the definitive guide for players, coaches, and athletes alike.
Updated and invigorated, Understanding Sports Massage, Second Edition, provides readers with an understanding of the fundamental theory and practical basis for using sports massage to keep athletes in top shape, recover from injuries, and improve performance. Like the successful first edition, Understanding Sports Massage is ideal for sport professionals and students in sports massage training programs. The book illustrates and explains massage techniques in detail and describes the procedures involved in conducting effective sports massage sessions, including determining goals, organizing the session, and choosing and applying techniques.
In addition to serving sport professionals, the new edition of Understanding Sports Massage will be useful to coaches, athletes, and teachers. They will be introduced to massage techniques that they can learn and apply in nonmedical situations such as in warm-ups, preparing for and recovering from competition, reducing the potential for injuries, and aiding in injury rehabilitation.
Understanding Sports Massage, Second Edition, also features many updates and improvements from the first edition:
- Nearly 100 photographs demonstrate proper technique.
- New two-color presentation highlights specific elements of the photos and text for a clearer understanding of the techniques presented.
- Updated and expanded material throughout the book includes new sections on medications and massage, specialized massage techniques, and joint movements and stretching an updated trouble spots form more examples of remedial and rehabilitation applications and a description of the increasing use of sports massage in integrative sports medicine settings.
This text helps readers put theory into practice, first explaining the scientific underpinnings of sports massage and then describing in detail how to apply those concepts in a massage session.